Sunday, May 6, 2007

The next Taoiseach?


Rookie coach does the business.

Come back Roy...please. Come back and save us from the avalanche of bullshit and the blizzard of spin. Bring Triggs, make him Tanaiste - he'd have more bite than the current chancer. Come back Roy and save us from the headspinning nonsense we find ourselves caught up in, a week of lies and accusations, fudging and counter-fudging, dumped on a passive public already half-smothered by ugly, grinning cut-outs of those who seek our votes and ignore our right to the truth. Come back and fire off some wit, reflect what we think, do it with an understatement that maintains the mystery around you and dispells the mysteries around us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. He'd probably be a little to productive. His colleagues might not like being compared to his work ethos. Would like to see Triggs be Tanaiste. He'd make an excellant Minister For Transport.

The Pillion Passenger said...

He's not an unreasonable man.

I only ever ask of my cabinet ministers what I give myself.

"There are some people on the opposition benches who need to ask themselves why they're there. Maybe there's a reason for that; Sargey ye know he's doing ok with the Greens, Rabby's been in and out of government and Enda...he's hardly set the world on fire. So I'm not sure I go along with that, the world class cabinet ministers thing. I'll see them out on the Dail, yeah I'll see them out there."

Who wouldn't vote for this man?