Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Boycott HMV

Ok so some people are boycotting Israel and the Israelis are boycotting Hamas and somebody has decided that giving TONY BLAIR A JOB IN THE MIDDLE EAST is an idea that won't lead to extensive boycotts...and on this same theme, but with a little more moral certainty, I offer you a new, undeniably just boycott.

Boycott HMV on Grafton Street. In the last week or so these people, these tossers have been putting speakers outside their shop blaring LOUD MUSIC up and down the street. Of course the racket attracts attention, as is its aim, and to some extent, maybe it attracts some people to its shop; it repels me.

It's a horribly cynical move that disrupts the vague but genuine atmosphere of Dublin's busiest shopping street. Go away. I want to walk along those red bricks and listen to flower sellers and beggers and buskers and tourists asking aloud: where is the Spire? I want to feel like I'm outside and I shouldn't have to beg for it.

Until they remove the noise they won't get another penny out of me. I'm taking a stand on this. I might even do up some fancy badge or wristband (remember them! more cynical marketing aimed at exploiting the latent human sympathies of wealthy westeners!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calm down Madam, it's only because they have a sale on. It will all die down this week.

Anonymous said...

They are doing the exact same outside their store in Patrick street in Cork.