Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Momentum

One of the keys to good blogging, and most things in life, be they title challenges, first novels or learning to smoke is momentum. At first there is enthusiasm, then there is grind but if you have enough momentum behind you it's possible to leap from enthusiasm to grind to pleasent though slightly dull stablity. Took a few days off there at the weekend. Missed the presidential elections in France and all the other stuff. Hard to get the momentum back. Check back in a day or two and hopefully I'll have found it.

2 comments:

Brian Damage said...

Blogging is nothing to do with momentum; it's about inspiration. I could be having a shit day but then I'll see something that inspires me and drives me to write.

Eventually, it boils down to habit.

The Pillion Passenger said...

- Dario,

There's not a lot of difference between momentum and habit. And I wouldn't call most of what I read in blogs inspired. But whatever does it for you. I won't deny it's great to write when you see something going about your business.